Oh.Em.Gosh, you guys. It took me a full ten minutes to remember what my WordPress password was. And then when I logged in, it was like a foreign world. Apparently, WordPress has been busy up in here changing it’s interface whilst I have been…shall we say…not as busy.
Do you even know me? Do you even know who I am right now? No. You don’t. And who could blame you?
So let me bring you up to date. Since we last talked:
1. I’m totes into nail polish. But not into saying “totes”. I don’t even know where that came from. That is not a thing. I apologize and let’s move on. Really, though. I heart nail polish. First of all, as a marketer how could I NOT love the names? Here are just a few nail polishes that I have in my possession:
- You Don’t Know Jacques
- Wooden Shoe Like to Know
Okay, so “mochaccino” isn’t as good of a name as the other two, but it’s my absolute favorite sparkly grey. Hey, how come it’s okay to spell grey that way and also like this: gray? I feel like this is where English fails us. Anyhow, nail polish makes me happy.
2. I’m now living above ground. After several years living in basements (voluntarily!), I’m now living in a two story townhouse with yet another awesome roommate. While there are some definite advantages to living in a basement…like the coolness in the summer…there also some big advantages to living higher up. Like windows you can open for fresh air. And the lack of need for a bug vacuum cleaner.
When I moved in, my roommate and I pretty much immediately tackled unpacking the kitchen. I’ve been storing kitchen decorations for some time now because I haven’t needed them in my last two places. I’m pretty sure my roommate thought I was totally whacked when I teared up at the site of my cute measuring cups from Pier One. And my vintage breadbox. Probably not my best idea ever to give her that as a first impression. But it seems as though we’ve recovered. 🙂
Not to say that I haven’t loved my other living situations. In fact, if it were up to me I’d probably never move. Ever. But I’m enjoying my new place, complete with my own bathroom that sports two sinks. I can fill up my cup with water in one and spit into the other one. It’s great fun.
3. I have too much stuff. I think this is probably true of most Americans, but for those of us that sport packratting tendencies this is an inevitable side effect. Do I organize my stuff? Yes. Do I get rid of stuff? Can.not.tell.you.how.many.Goodwill.runs.I’ve.made.over.the.years. It’s not like I go out looking for stuff to fill every nook and cranny! Honestly. Somehow, the stuff just finds me. Like it knows we’ll be kindred spirits and I won’t be able to resist its charm. So if anyone out there needs a small DVD cabinet or some letters I’ve been holding on to since the 5th grade, you just let me know. I’m sure we can work something out.
4. I don’t know if I can watch American Idol this season. Thank you to the one person who gasped when they read that. I really appreciate that you get that I was going for drama. I have a few reasons for my leanings:
- Blech. Nicki Minaj. It’s like she’s oblivious to the fact that clothing is supposed to cover one’s body.
- Blech. Randy Jackson. Can’t we just let sleeping, tacky clothes wearing Dawgs lie?
- Blech. Mariah Carey. Is this just going to be like Glitter? But in REALITY? I don’t know if I’ll make it.
- Blech. Keith Urban. Isn’t there enough country music in the world? I’ll answer that question. Yes. Yes, there is.
- Eleven years is a long, long time. I’m just sayin’.
We’ll see if I’ll really be able to stop cold turkey. No promises, but there’s nothing appealing as of now.
Speaking of Thanksgiving, can you BELIEVE it’s almost Christmas? The Starbucks red cups were released today and I’m not emotionally or mentally prepared enough for this tradition to be foisted into my lap. I need more time! MORE TIME!
So. I’ve said a lot here. Some would say too much. But I hope we’ve gotten a bit reacquainted after our time apart.
What’s new with you? Leave it in the comments. 🙂