So, I’ve been busy with baby duty in Texas and so I’m sure you can all understand why I missed the recap yesterday. Plus, I only did a recap once, so you probably aren’t expecting it anyways. That works in my favor. 🙂
But, as you might expect I do have a few thoughts. Just in case you care, here they are:
- I knew as soon as Jorge spoke Spanish and cried that America would put him through. I do think it’s a little weird that he’s completely lost his accent while he sings. Why erase who he is just to fit a certain mold? Seems a little cult-ish to me. But what do I know?
- I knew that Scott would be put through as well. There’s just something that we all love about someone working through the odds and getting to their dream. Love Scott (and I think his brother’s cute), but I don’t know if he really deserved the top twelve vocally. The song choice was good…but the performance didn’t blow me away. America’s fairly predictable, though, and he is now a top twelve! Good for him.
- I was bummed that Jun’ot didn’t make it through or at LEAST get through to the wild card round. I think he totally deserved it.
- The judges reallllllllllllly like Lil Rounds. They like her so much that they gave her rave reviews even when her performance didn’t really warrant it. I don’t doubt that she’s good. I heard her in Hollywood week and she was a force to be reckoned with. But I didn’t really think that the judges gave a fair review of her performance on Tuesday night.
And now the wild card round! I like this twist a lot. Or I guess it’s not really a twist since they’re reviving a past format. How retro of them! WHY they chose to give Tatiana (sp?) a spot over ANY of the other girls is beyond me. We can only hope that America stays sane for one more week.I’d love it if these folks made it into the top 12:
- Matt Giraud – he’s amazing. I heart him.
- Ricky Braddy – SUCH the amazing vocalist. If he doesn’t get through it’s a crying shame. He’s a talent fo’ sho’. I think I’m fighting
- Noop-dawg. I was really on pins and needles until they finally announced that he’d be given another choice. Now if he can only tear up a bit when Ryan’s interviewing him I think he’s golden.
Yes, I realize that no girls are in this list. I suppose if I have to choose a girl it would be Jasmine. She seems sweet and I like her smiley eyes. She’s kind of like a Disney character. She’s not annoying and she can stay on pitch. I’ll take that over the other girls in a heartbeat.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don’t let these people through:
- Vonn Smith. He weirds me out. His face doesn’t match his voice or something. Or maybe it’s his odd facial expressions. IDK. I just am not feeling it.
- Jesse I-forgot-her-last-name. She’s really not my favorite. I think she’s got a good voice, but I really hate all her song choices and fake modesty. Give it up, already. Seriously. We all know you think you’re the most amazing thing since sliced bread. And sliced bread isn’t even ALL that great.
- Tatiana Del Torro. I know she’s got some pipes. And we live in America so she’s got a right to be a little crazy and annoying. But that doesn’t give her the right to force her over the top personality on the whole nation. We’ve got to draw the line SOMEWHERE.
Can I just go on record and say that I think the next American Idol will be a guy? Unless it’s Allison. She’d be the only exception. So, hopefully that was really definative to you all. 🙂