I never realized how much I disliked the letter “K”, until now. Do you know how many things start with a “C” but SOUND like they start with a “K”? A lot, that’s how many.
Nevertheless, rules are rules. So, here are 10 of my favorite things that start with “K”:
- Karis Hope – my new little niece is at the top of the list. First of all, she’s got phenomenal parents. Secondly, she has me to teach her things that they won’t…like how to read under the covers after bed time without getting caught, or how to hide vitamins in her jewelry box, etc.
- Ketchup – seems trite to put this after a human being, but I really do love ketchup. A lot. It’s my favorite condiment. I have a huge bottle at home that I keep on hand, and also a smaller bottle that I keep in the refrigerator at work, and that’s not even mentioning the packets I have in my car just in case. Because there’s nothing worse than running out of ketchup…unless it’s running out of milk.
- Keeping a Journal – This might be cheating a little since the “keeping” is really the part that starts with “K”, but it’s the truth. Nothing helps me to sort my thoughts out better than to write it on a blank, non-judgemental page.
- Koalas – They are SO cute. I wish I lived down unda’.
- Kayaking – But it totally depends on who you go with…and maybe on the length of their arms vs. your arms
- Knights – They are completely into saving poor maidens in distress. And I’ve been in distress a time or two. While I’m all for being swooped from the ground by a knight, I think I’d like to practice my horse riding skills first.
- Kindness – It’s one of the fruits of the Spirit and I think we know why. Everyone just likes a person that’s kind over a person that’s…well…not. And you know where this comes into play the MOST? In a parking lot. True story.
- KitchenAid Mixer – I don’t ACTUALLY own one of these, but I used to use my friend Heidi’s when I’d go over there to babysit. It’s sooo fun to make your own whipped cream with this. Trust me. It’s a rockin’ good time. If anyone wants to get me one, this is the one I’d like to have, please: http://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-K5SSWH-Heavy-5-Quart-Stand/dp/B00009R609/ref=pd_bbs_10?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1234470463&sr=8-10
- Kleenex – I’ll admit, while these have been a staple for me ever since I brought my first box as a contribution for my kindergarten classmates, I’m really a sucker for the box design. I know the Kleenex are the same, no matter what box they’re in, but they just SEEM so much softer/nicer/comforting when they are in a box that matches the decor of my room…or the mood I’m in at the time.
- Krypton – I’ll be forever grateful to Krypton for bringing Superman into our lives just so that Tom Welling could play the part.