Hey there! I’ve felt relatively uninspired to post lately, but I thought I’d give you all an idea of what I’ve been up to these last few days.
I flew to Houston on Thursday to visit with my sister Lindsay and her husband Justin. Linds is in her 5th month of pregnancy and has (unfortunately) been placed on bed rest for these past few weeks and so I’ve been keeping her company these past few days. A few things about this trip:
1. I forgot how much I liked being in a state where air conditioning units are a given rather than a luxury. It’s kind of nice to have 8,000 degree temperatures outside and stay nice and cool on the inside.
2. It’s so fun to hang out with my sister and Justin! It’s really relaxing…like a real vacation. 🙂
3. We’ve got ourselves some excitement. I’m scheduled to fly out on Monday night and Hurricane Gustav is hurtling our way. So far the hurricane is supposed to hit Louisiana the hardest, but hard rain is expected in this area, so plane take offs may be negligible.
4. I heart Continental airlines. They are AWESOME.
5. I’ve been getting my “cook” on. It’s been really fun to cook a few meals for Linds and Justin. Cooking for more than one is really fun. For real.
So, that’s what I’ve been up to. Bed rest is kind of nice for a time (though I’m sure I’d be having a hard time if it was prolonged…my hat goes off to Linds) and it ensures a real vacation. No shopping, relatively few expenses, air conditioning, movies, and card games. Yes, please. And also? I’m going to be a phenomenal aunt. Just you wait and see.