I really love watching the Olympics. Really. I wish they had a fantasy olympic team that I could play in. I’m pretty sure I’d dominate. 🙂
Here are a few random thoughts…
1. Right now I’m watching synchronized diving. I seriously do not understand how they score these things. Every single dive has looked exactly the same to me. They look identical. I know that’s the whole idea of the sport, but who’s going to win? I have no semblence of a thought on that. Thank goodness for the commentators, I suppose.
2. Why the heck is Table Tennis an Olympic sport?
3. I am really really really disappointed that the Hamm twins are no longer on the Olympic team. I wanted to hear what their voices sound like 4 years later…
4. Fencing is the lamest sport to watch. It’s so lightning fast that I can’t tell what the heck is going on. However, that didn’t stop me from crying when Team USA received their gold, silver, AND bronze medals. 🙂
5. Gymnasts are AMAZING. This might seem a little off topic, but if you’ve never seen the movie “Stick It” you should. It’s hilarious. And awesome.
6. Another dive just happened. Yep. Exactly the same!
7. I LOVE THE WOMEN’S VOLLEYBALL TEAM! I’m pretty sure I’d be on it if I wasn’t cursed with being short of stature.
8. Bob Costas looks like Michael J. Fox to me.
9. I wish Michael Phelps would marry me. And his mom makes me cry.
Go Team USA!