Well, I’ve been tagged by Noelle (http://toddandnoelle.blogspot.com/). Sooo…being the good sport that I am, I interrupt my D.C. posts with this special posting:
Here are the rules of the game…
1) Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog
2) Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3) Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4) Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Now, I must admit I was a little unsure what 7 random facts I was going to post. After all, I pretty open with the blogosphere about my inner weirdness, so coming up with ADDITIONAL facts has really stretched my capabilities as a blogger. Good job, Noelle. I apologize to all of you if these are facts you’ve already committed to memory. Here they are in a very specific order that I sketched in outline form in my personal journal (just kiddin’):
1. As most of you know, I lived in Alaska for 6 years of my life. During that time, I had a few unique experiences, one of which was eating whale blubber. That’s right, whale blubber. For anyone who is wondering what that’s like, imagine chewing Bubble Yum with a fishy flavor. The whole eating-whale-blubber wasn’t my idea. It was extra credit for Bible class and my teacher was giving extra credit if we would eat it and not spit it out. I didn’t get the extra credit.
2. When I was younger, I would willingly and enthusiastically watch “Star Trek: The Next Generation”. For a subsequent Christmas, I received a tri-corder. I won’t lie to you, I would probably watch re-runs if I was home sick. Gotta love that Wesley Crusher!
3. It takes me a lot to get all riled up. Here’s two ways to make me mad quickly (don’t make me regret sharing this with you…): 1) slap my face 2) people that talk over each other.
4. I don’t ski. I don’t bungee jump. I don’t “ride the wave of danger”. It’s not me. I prevail against my own kind of danger…you know, like paper cuts, scary movies, and steering clear of potholes in the road. BUT, In Israel, you do things you wouldn’t normally do. I have cliff jumped twice (the person taking my picture didn’t take it the first time, necessitating the second jump).
5. When I was in elementary school, my family made a cross country trip from Wyoming to New York. When we left, I was sick and by the time we got to Niagra Falls I was realllly sick. Turns out, I had a raging case of pnemonia and had to be hospitalized as soon as we arrived in New York. I almost died. True story.
6. Honest confessions? I really like all Hillary Duff movies. My favorite is “Raise Your Voice”. So sue me, I’m a girl! 🙂
7. I am a lover of chapstick. This love almost pushed me over the edge once when I discovered that I was allergic to Carmex. My lips swelled up to 4 times their normal size…and let’s just say I don’t have thin lips to begin with. 🙂 It was a funny sight. So funny, in fact, that I willingly put the picture in my high school year book. I know, I’m a gem.
So there you have it. I’m tagging:
Megan Ochoa (http://ochoas.wordpress.com/)
The Spanglers (http://calspangler.blogspot.com/)
Sarah DeWolfe (http://joyinthejourney.wordpress.com/)
Abby Shearer (http://chloeshearer.blogspot.com/)
Sarah Su (http://wannabeplaywright.wordpress.com/)
Steph Zimmer (http://smallandunfortunate.blogspot.com/)
Jessi Gates (http://jessigates.blogspot.com/)